Friday, September 05, 2008

Reaching the end


Just like Santa I'm making a list and checking it twice as I prepare for the Pumpkinman Triathlon Half Iron. To say I feel pretty nervous would be an understatement. Today I logged my last brick - a 30 minute bike ride and a 1 mile run. The workout felt really good and while I know I'm more fit than I was, I still feel unsure of myself. But the time has run out and I can only hope that the training was enough to see me through.

My goal is to cross the finish line somewhere between 7 and 7 1/2 hours. Not fast. I think it's going to be a race with a small field, especially in my age group (40-44). Any time shorter than that will be a welcome surprise.

I've had some great support - thanks to you all! I won't be alone on race day with one of my BFs Tarra there to cheer me on. I told her, "bring something to read." I also need to remember to bring her a chair. It will be a long day for spectators!

I will be sure to blog about my experience sometime next week, when I can lift my weary hands to the keyboard - ha ha! Until then, happy training!

Cheers,
Annette

No comments: